Cetacean Marine is committed to protecting the environment, and the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the facilities where we operate. Meeting this commitment is a primary objective of management, and is the individual and collective responsibility of Cetacean employees nationwide. Cetacean is dedicated to operating in accordance with the highest possible standards with respect to:
- assuring safe maritime operations, both afloat and ashore; - avoiding damage to and minimizing impact upon the environment; - avoiding damage to the property of others; - protecting and enhancing the health, safety and welfare of its employees, its customers, and others affected by its activities.
To that end, Cetacean Marine will employ the following PRACTICES:
- Promote Cetacean's environmental, health and safety standards through the dissemination of information, management commitment and participation;
- Reduce environmental impact and conserve natural resources by minimizing waste and emissions, reusing and recycling material, and reponsibly managing energy use;
- Assess, document, and periodically review the principal environmental, health and safety risks arising from its marine and industrial operations, and to progressively implement appropriate measures to minimize or avoid them;
- Consider the environmental, health and safety implications of all decisions, and ensure that ships, shore facilities and equipment incorporate the best commercially viable health, safety issues, both on a scheduled and unscheduled basis;
- Training, provided for employees in job specific environmental, health and safety issues, both on a scheduled and unscheduled basis;
- Insure that these standards and goals are a fundamental element of management practices throughout the Cetacean Marine organization;
- Comply with the relevant requirements of federal, state and local law, and International Conventions and Codes of Practice, including the International Safety Management (ISM) Code;
- Encourage, through co-operation, subcontractors and suppliers to achieve comparable environmental, health and safety standards;
- Serve as a leader in deploying and promoting innovative, cost-effective environmental, health and safety technologies and procedures, within as well as outside the company.